- Berkowitz students had a great time at the October School-Wide Assembly. Students were recognized for exhibiting the core values of respect, responsibility, empathy, and determination. Students showed off their skills. Mr. Romanoff and Ms. Plotz performed a duet. And of course, Berky made an appearance and let the students know about our “Pink Day” to support breast cancer research.
Students enjoyed an optional non-uniform day and made optional donations of $1 for breast cancer research. As a school, the Berkowitz raised more than $200, which will be donated to Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- The whole second grade had a blast exploring the Museum of Science on Thursday. They built habitats for Mars and watched a scientist make lightening. They loved having the chance to explore science in a hands on way. They were especially excited about the dinosaur exhibit.
- Second Grade at the Hooks had a fantastic week. Room 214 went to the garden with Ms. Sophia from FoodCorps during their math class. She taught them about measurement. They learned how to measure between bulbs while planting garlic.
WRIGHT MIDDLE SCHOOL
- The WSTA fifth grade team’s fall community building activity was pumpkin painting. Students stayed with their team of teachers after school on a Friday to participate in team building activities and create something awesome to bring home to their families.
- Seventy five students from CHS AP World History and AP US History attended the matinee of the play ‘Hamilton’ on October 18 at the Boston Opera House. This performance was exclusively for students from the Boston area. They were also treated to do a Question and Answer session with some of the cast.
Malaya Barr and Dimas Villanoeuva were selected from a small group to perform their original song ” Revolutionary Song” on the stage at the Opera House that morning.
- The CHS Choir, under the direction of Cole Lundquist and Pete Pappavaselio performed “Thriller” at this year’s pep rally.