CPL SPRING LIBRARY PROGRAMS
The Chelsea Public Library has announced its spring programming, with a very special School Vacation Week program as well.
- Saturday, May 12th at 1pm~ How astronauts get ready to go into space! A NASA @My Library program with Dan Barstow, Education Manager for International Space Station. This program is best for grades 3 and up.
- Tuesday, May 15th at 6pm~ STEM Careers Event: Local people who work in STEM careers speak to families about schooling for and working in a STEM field, and also talk about their experience more specifically as people of color.
- Thursday, May 17th at 6pm~ Diversity In Action Chelsea Family Book Club •Wednesday, May 23rd at 3:30pm~ Movie: Hidden Figures Tuesday, May 29th at 4pm~ Meet Police Dogs
- Wednesday, June 6th at 3:30pm~ Rainforest Reptiles
569 Broadway Chelsea, MA 02150 – (617)-466-4350 – www.chelseama.gov/childrens-department
All of the programs are free.
CAPIC CHILD CARE
Are you in need of full time childcare?
CAPIC’s Child Development Center has openings. Call us to learn more.
Child Development Center
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 7:30AM – 5:30PM
Ages: 6 Weeks – 9 years old
Contact: Wilma Rodriguez, Program Director, 617-889-9929
CAPIC’s Child Development Center provides families with full day and full year quality child care; allowing families to maintain/attain self-sufficiency through employment or training while infants, toddlers, and preschoolers receive care in a structured and nurturing environment that promotes family and individual development. The program accepts vouchers, EEC contract slots, DCF contact slots, and private pay.
- Nurturing, fun and safe environment
- All activities and materials are age and developmentally appropriate
- High quality care
- Bilingual staff – English & Spanish
- Engaging and developmentally appropriate curriculum and activities
- Full-time programming (holidays, school vacations, and summer)
- Program provides healthy meals (breakfast, lunch and snack)
- Multicultural environment
- Teachers are First Aid and CPR certified
CHELSEA HILLS WALKS
The Chelsea Hill Community will hold the following walks and meetings in the coming weeks. If weather is inclement or too cold, they will cancel. Check their Facebook page for information on cancellations. Locations will also be announced on the Facebook page. To contact them, e-mail HYPERLINK “mailto:[email protected]” [email protected]; or by phone at (857) 323-0661.
Meetings: The Chelsea Hill Community will have their monthly meeting on May 30 at 6 p.m. in the First Congregational Church, 26 County Rd.
- Second Saturdays…May 12 at 10 a.m.
- Third Thursdays…May 17 at 6 p.m.
RESIDENTS PLEASE BE ADVISED.
Please be advised that in order to avoid the spread of bed bugs, ALL mattresses and box springs MUST be wrapped in plastic when put out for pick up regardless if you had bed bugs or not. Mattresses or box springs not wrapped in plastic will not be picked and will be left curbside.
(Tenga en cuenta que, para evitar la propagación de los chinches, TODOS los colchones DEBEN envolverse en plástico cuando los saque para ser recogidos, independientemente si tengan chinches o no. No se recogerán colchones que no estén envueltos en plástico y se quedarán en la acera.)
CHELSEA STREET BRIDGE APP
For those seeking real time information about the Chelsea St. Bridge closures, Massport is operating a Twitter account which alerts drivers whenever the bridge is opening for shipping and closed to traffic. The Twitter account is @LoganToChelsea. This real time information supplements the new vehicular warnings systems now currently active on Broadway and Williams St.
CHELSEA ENHANCEMENT TEAM: CLEANING UP PROGRESSIVELY
Join the Community Enhancement Team (CET), every third Wednesday of the month. The CET is a team of resident leaders committed to working together to solve community problems and improve the quality of life, the cleanliness and safety in Chelsea.
Next meeting is Weds., May 16, from 6-8 p.m. in the High Terrace Community Room next to 61-63 Gerrish Ave.
With support from the City, the Chelsea Collaborative will again be offering citizenship classes to Chelsea residents eligible to become a U.S. citizen. Classes include a free citizenship preparation course and application assistance. To learn more about the requirements for these classes and how to apply, please call the Chelsea Collaborative at 617-889-6080 —Monday- Thursday 10 a.m.—5 p.m. Classes will be at the Chelsea Collaborative located at 318 Broadway.
MASSPORT NOISE COMPLAINT LINE
Residents who are being disturbed by airplane noise are encouraged to call the MassPort Noise Hotline 24 hours a day. The phone number is (617) 561-3333.
SENIOR WATER AND SEWER DISCOUNT
Chelsea senior citizens are reminded to sign up for the new Senior Discount for water and sewer charges. Any senior 65 or older who owns and occupies his/her own home may apply. The discount is 10% off the monthly bill.