There wouldn’t be an Everett Avenue without Floramo’s Restaurant welcoming patrons from not only Chelsea but area communities as well.
Floramo’s was back in full mode Monday as Gov. Charlie Baker allowed restaurants to begin offering indoor seating after a lengthy hiatus due to the coronavirus.
Like many area restaurants, Floramo’s had takeout and curbside pickup and delivery during the past few months. Floramo’s also erected a large tent for outdoor dining tables that will remain available for customers.
Kerry Floramo, restaurant manager and wife of Floramo’s owner John Floramo, said she was excited to see so many customers enjoying their meals in the dining rooms.
“We have 50 percent capacity indoors and 12 tables outdoors and we still offer takeout service,”
said Kerry. “We are very excited. We’ve been waiting for a long time.”
Floramo’s had originally not offered takeout service. But when they resumed takeout service the past few months, “it took off like a bolt of lightning.”
As soon as outdoor dining was phased in, John Floramo brought in a large tent and several tables and customers have been enjoying outdoor dining in the summer weather. Keno is available for all customers.
The steak tips and ribs, the Chicken Fifth Avenue, the Veal Fifth Avenue, and the “parm dishes” remain as popular as ever at Floramo’s.
“We did streamline our menu a little bit, added some things, took some things off – we think it’s working a lot better, kept most of the favorites and we’ve been happy with the response so far,” said Kerri. “People can see the whole menu on floramos.net.”
Floramo’s has been in business in Chelsea for almost 40 years.
“We’re very excited to be back and we hope our clientele is happy, too,” said Theresa Robinson, sister of John Floramo.
“The response has been really good and positive so we’re very pleased and happy,” said Kerri Floramo. “It’s been a lot of work, but we’re happy to do it.”