Robert Cashman, President and CEO of Metro Credit Union, announces that Metro has embarked upon major strategic investments in technology, physical locations and talent. These ambitious developments are part of a deliberate strategy to prepare for continuing and projected business growth of Metro’s members and communities. In support of these initiatives, Metro is seeking to leverage the diverse local talent pool to fill critical roles in member service, systems processing, product sales and business development. The Credit Union is seeking to attract top talent that will enable Metro to expand its workforce and deliver high quality service to members.
Metro currently has a number of large-scale expansion projects in motion:
· The Credit Union is close to completing the initial phase of a multi-year project to upgrade its technology infrastructure. This new intuitive technology environment will offer Metro members the ability to achieve their financial goals within a seamless, interconnected banking experience. Over 100 Metro employees are involved in this comprehensive initiative to choose a new core system, online banking system, debit card processing system and call center phone system.
· With the recent expansion of its Mortgage Originations Team, Metro has opened new sales production offices in Danvers and Boston to focus on expanding mortgage offerings in those markets. Mortgage Originators are located in every Metro branch and throughout Metro’s service territory, providing customized loan solutions to meet the needs of today’s homebuyers.
· Furthering its commitment to the Boston market, Metro is expanding its Member Service Center and creating new job opportunities with the opening of a satellite Call Center at Metro’s Mass. Ave location.
· Metro is leveraging the expansion of its technology infrastructure to advance its commercial capabilities and expand its Commercial Lending Team, with a focus on delivering valuable resources and customized solutions to business members.
· In response to growing requests from New Hampshire residents, Metro recently expanded its outreach to include the New Hampshire counties of Hillsborough and Rockingham, adding to the eight counties in Massachusetts that define Metro’s field of membership.
· Metro has selected Mechanica of Newburyport, as its agency of record. The strategic and creative agency is tasked with all communications efforts for the brand, including creative, planning and engagement strategies to broaden and differentiate Metro’s momentum and growth.
“Metro continuously seeks opportunities to provide the best in service to our members,” says Cashman. “These expansion initiatives are designed to provide the capacity we will require to expand our services to meet the needs of our growing membership. We have an opportunity to acquire highly skilled candidates to strengthen our teams as we develop multiple strategic projects in technology and continue to add new locations.”