Police Briefs 02-11-2016


Chelsea Police arrested three men, one from Philadelphia, last week for serious charges of trafficking in heroin.

On Feb. 2 at approximately 10:22 p.m., detective were on routine patrol in the area of Broadway and Fourth Street. Detectives were in an unmarked cruiser and wearing plain clothes at the time. Detectives observed a dark Malibu traveling at a high rate of speed down Broadway and then, without regard, turned abruptly on to Cross Street. Upon stopping vehicle near the Meridian Street Bridge, detectives observed passengers attempting to discard and hide plastic baggies.

The detectives then uncovered several more bags containing a substance believed to be heroin. All three were placed into custody.

Javier Rosario, 35, of Philadelphia; Delmi Mejia, 27, of 76 Addison St.; and Mariano De La Cruz, 50, of East Boston; were all charged with trafficking in heroin.


Chelsea Police apprehended two alleged robbers on Chester Avenue last week, but not without a good assist from residents of the home that was allegedly broken into.

On Feb. 3 at 3:21 a.m., officers responded to a reported house break at 29 Chester Ave. Officers observed two men attempting to leave the front hall of that address, but both were being held back by the victims. Victims yelled to police that the men had broken into the basement and they were attempting to escape. Officers immediately placed the two suspects into custody.

Victims told offices they heard people in the basement rummaging thorough their belongings and immediately called police.

Steven Hescock, 39, of Revere, and Michael Kane, 29, of Revere, were both charged with breaking and entering in the night for a felony.


Criminals always return to the scene of the crime, and this time it was allegedly to retrieve a loaded firearm.

On Wednesday, Jan. 27, at about 1:39 p.m., Chelsea plain clothes officers were on patrol in the area of Cary Avenue and Tudor Street operating an unmarked unit. As one officer approached the intersection on Cary and Tudor, the officer observed a heavy-set male on Tudor walking in the direction of the unmarked cruiser. The officer immediately recognized the male from a recent video and still photos put out by the department related to a shooting that occurred on Sunday, Jan. 24.

Upon being recognized, the male quickly went between houses on Tudor Street in an alley. The officers lost sight of the subject for approximately 30 seconds. The subject was brought back to the street and detained. That party was identified and allowed to leave, though, as the officer found no violations. A second group of officers responded to do a thorough check of the area to see if any contraband was discarded by the individual.

While in adjacent yard, they observed a second male on a cell phone being directed in the backyard where the officer originally lost sight of the first subject earlier. Officers continued to watch as the second individual was directed by cell phone to a plastic container. That individual then removed a loaded firearm from the container and placed it in his waist band. The two officers immediately made themselves known and placed the subject under arrest.

Andre Cheek, 18, of 63 Washington Ave., was charged with carrying a loaded firearm without a license and possessing ammo without a permit.

Additionally, a warrant was issued for the individual originally stopped by police for illegal carrying a firearm.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *